Adding & Applying V3 Modifiers
Configurable fields don’t exist in V3 (and were deprecated from V2 a few years ago). In V3, the equivalent is called Modifiers. You can also use modifiers for non-required options to avoid them being assigned a SKU.
If you use configurable fields or non-required options, you should have documented them in a previous step prior to upgrading to V3. You’ll use that information to recreate them during this step.
You can create and re-use shared modifier options similar to shared options. Follow the instructions for creating shared options.
- Go to Products > View
- Find the product you wish to edit and click its name
- Click Customizations in the product navigation or scroll down to that section
- Click Add a Modifier Option
- Click Add Modifier Option in the upper right
- Give your modifier a name
- Select the type of modifier (multiple choice, pick list or text field)
- Enter your value(s)
- Check the box if you want your modifier to be required
- Repeat Steps 5-9 to create additional modifiers if needed
- Click Create Options at the bottom right
Adding Modifier Rules
You can add rules to modifiers similar to rules on V2.
- Click Add Rule
- Choose the modifier option for which you want to create a rule
- Check the box for the option you want to change
- Check the appropriate box to change the option’s price or weight
- Choose Add or Remove
- Enter the amount to change (for price changes, you can use a fixed amount or percentage)
- Repeat Steps 1-6 to create additional rules
- Click Update Rules when finished
If you need to change any of your modifiers after creating them, click the Configure Options link.